Hi. this is next my tutorial for the Advanced IR from a Regular Photo. I hope you guys already read my previous article about Simple IR. At this point, I'm gonna have a new basic photo. Now let's start the tutorial. Almost forgot! I used photoshop CS3 to generate the effects.
1. I'm using this picture. Still the regular one but this one has more trees and green elements in it.
|This is the original photo|
|This is Simple IR|
3. Now I begin the advanced lesson. First go to Channel Mixer.
4. Go to Output Channel Blue. Slide it to these levels. Red=33, Green=33, Blue=34
|Blue Channel Mixer|
5. This is what happened after applying Blue Mixer
|Applying Blue Mixer|
7. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E, this will create new flatten layer that include all the effect made before. Changed the blending from Normal to Screen. Adjust your opacity level so it's not to bright.
8. Add the Black and White layer. The main point is adjusting the magenta to the max. You can try adjusting the other sliders.
|Black and White layer setting|
9. Now set the blending of Black and White layer to Luminosity. You can adjust the opacity level.
|Black & White Added|
Done! You've just completed timur's tutorial on making infrared picture from the regular one. After doing step number 9 you can add other effects to make it a more artistic picture.